BetMGM is the sportsbook platform of MGM Resorts International, a major name in hospitality and gaming. If you’ve been to Vegas, you’ve surely seen their casinos like the MGM Grand or Bellagio. Already a major player in the U.S. sports betting, BetMGM has launched its mobile sports betting app in these legal states: Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming with more to come in 2021.
The Bonus Code for BetMGM and promo offers are unparalleled with free bets for new bettors. Ongoing promotions continue to bring users value for the long term.
Sign Up BetMGM Bonus Code - Last Verified October 2021
BetMGM has a compelling sign-up offer for new users: They’ll give you a completely risk-free bet up to $1,000. It's pretty simple: Sign up at BetMGM either on the web or their app using the BetMGM Bonus Code ACTION. Deposit at least $10, and make a bet on anything you'd like. If that bet loses, you'll get free bets worth the same amount as that first wager up to $1,000.
A couple more details about claiming the bonus:
- Sign up using the bonus code. All you have to do to get is create an account and make your first deposit using the BetMGM Bonus Code ACTION.
- Place your first bet. The first bet you'll make on your account will be with your deposited funds, which has a minimum deposit of $10. If you bet over $1,000 on your first sports wager, only the first $1,000 will be eligible for the promotion.
- What happens next. If your bet "cashes", or wins, the money you can withdraw will appear in your account. If it loses, BetMGM will credit you with free bets worth what you wagered in 24 hours.
- Use credits in 7 days. That free bet amount must be used within seven days of it being added to your account or it expires.
Reminder: This offer is for your FIRST BET, so make sure you choose wisely once you sign up and take full advantage of this great new user promotion. You are only eligible for a BetMGM welcome bonus once.
BetMGM Promo Offers
In addition to its onboarding offers, BetMGM Sportsbook also continuously provides its longer-term bettors value with promotions. When we checked, there were 12 fresh and ongoing promotions available. Here are details on a few of our favorites.
Money Monday Club: $10 in Free Bets Every Monday
When the Money Monday promo happens:
- Weekly on Monday
- Week defined as 12:01 a.m. Monday morning to Sunday 11:59 EST.
Key Money Monday Club requirements:
- Opt-in to the club via the promotions page or your player inbox once
- Must place $50 in money bets (can be combined across wagers) the week prior
- Minimum odds for each qualifying bet are -300 odds or greater
- The outcome of the bets doesn’t matter, they count win or not
BetMGM Refer-a-Friend Bonus
Beyond a generous welcome bonus, BetMGM also has ongoing and longer-term promotions to get you betting with friends.
Referral Bonus Program: BetMGM Shines
Category: Referral Program
Comparison: BetMGM vs. Pointsbet
Measured: Bonus amount for the referrer, Bonus amount for the referred, Claims cap, Terms & Conditions
If you’re just getting started sports betting, BetMGM’s referral program has an accessible upside: up to another $1,000 free if you get friends to join! $50 per signup, for you and your referred friends, with up to 20 registrations. The friend must make a deposit to trigger your payout.
On the other hand, Pointsbet offers 2.5x the upside: $2,500 per year. To qualify for the referral Pointsbet bonus, the referrer must have been a member for 2 weeks, deposited more than $1,000, and not hold a negative balance. Your referred friend must deposit $50 in one deposit (unlocking offer for both). It’s a steeper climb to get the payout at Pointsbet, so BetMGM wins this round.
BetMGM's Mobile App & Website
Web Experience & Performance
BetMGM’s website isn’t as high-tech as competitors like DraftKings or PointsBet, but it gets the job done. It’s effortless to navigate to sports, and promotions and bonus offers are front and center on the main page to help users find some extra daily value.
One challenge we’ve found is that while it’s easy to navigate to sports, finding smaller markets or particularly bets within those isn’t as user-friendly. For example, NBA player props are not listed anywhere in the main or sport-specific navigation. Instead, you have to click into a specific game and then onto a different “Player Props” page.
However, once you’ve found the section you’re looking for, things are well-organized with easy-to-use, clean tables. It’s easy to click a bet and add it to your bet slip.
Web Speed: BetMGM Excels
Category: Web Speed
Comparison: BetMGM vs. Pointsbet
Measured: Web Vitals, Pagespeed, In-App User Experience
BetMGM’s sportsbook app can feel a little slow, in part due to the lack of clicking animations or loading indicators. When it comes to the web, though, BetMGM leaves Pointsbet in the dust. BetMGM passed Google’s Pagespeed test with flying colors on Desktop with a 94 -- vs. Pointsbet’s 35. BetMGM mobile didn’t pass, and neither did mobile for Pointsbet. If you’re an in-game bettor, these speed factors can make a difference in getting you the best odds and outcomes--so we recommend you use the BetMGM Sportsbook app if on the phone.
BetMGM's Mobile App
At Action, we’ve bet and tested in the BetMGM Sportsbook app, and found pros and cons.
- Seamless Navigational Flow. It’s easy to find sports and main markets, and clicking into those doesn’t take you to a whole new page to load. You can always see the main navigation, the current market, and your bet slip, so it doesn’t feel like you’re lost down a rabbit hole.
- High-quality promotions and boosts. BetMGM highlights its current promos and daily boosters well so users can identify bets with better odds than they’ll find at other sportsbooks. The quality of its offers is also among the best in the U.S. market, both in terms of daily options plus new user promotions.
- Convenient bet slip for tracking & placing bets. It’s straightforward to click a bet to add it to your slip, and within that same window, you can also see your live, open, and settled bets.
- Low-tech lag & Lackluster UI. The desktop site isn’t as sleek as BetMGM’s competitors, and its mobile app is essentially the same thing. It can sometimes be slow to load compared to other apps.
- Hard to find "smaller market" bets. While the overall site navigation is user-friendly, finding the exact bet you’re looking for can be challenging if it’s not a main betting market. Player props, for example, require several clicks and are not easily accessible.
- Featuring less profitable bet types. While BetMGM does offer good promotions, it also highlights parlay opportunities that are mathematically worse bets than straight bets for users. For new bettors navigating the numbers, this could be a challenge.
However, we know It’s important to have a broader data set in evaluating a mobile application like BetMGM Sportsbook. We distilled what’s available in the Apple App Store and Google Play to find the advantages and challenges the betting population at large found with BetMGM below.
BetMGM Mobile App in the Apple App Store
BetMGM Sportsbook iOS User Positives
- Generous & Engaging BetMGM Bonuses: Users cited the substantial availability of free bets and parlay boosts, often just out of the blue. BetMGM was frequently referred to as “the best” in the bonus code and promotions areas when compared to other platforms.
- Seamless Deposits & Rapid Withdrawals. BetMGM’s depositing options were described as friendly and intuitive. Users commonly cited how timely BetMGM was to withdraw funds—users even cited the Paypal method returning funds within 12-16 hours.
- Breadth of Bet Options. Users raved about new markets, price boosts, in-game props, and player props, and parlay choices.
BetMGM Sportsbook iOS User Negatives
- Customer Service Shortfalls. Bettors cited frustrations with bouncing around multiple reps, a not-so-helpful chat, issues connecting and disconnecting, and expectations about response times not being met.
- Location Accuracy. A common theme was verifying location if not on Wi-Fi, even when in a legal betting state
- Undesired Logouts. Users were frustrated that the app logged them out too frequently for security reasons, posing an inconvenience while betting.
Google Play/Android reviews for BetMGM Mobile App Sportsbook
623 ratings & reviews
Android User Positives for BetMGM Sportsbook
- Great Bonus Code & Promos. Similar to iOS, Android users cited generous bonuses and promotions, and a savvy response to any bettor losses—if you lose, sometimes BetMGM responds with a special promo to keep you gaming.
- A Parlayer’s Paradise. Parlays are easy, accessible, and recommended by other parlay superfans.
- The Breadth of BetMGM's Sports Offering. Comprehensive coverage of leagues from all over the world, and bet options competitors don’t have were major positives.
Android User Negatives for BetMGM Sportsbook
- No Phone Number for Customer Service. Users cited frustration with the lag between responses for email and chat, and no option to talk to a representative directly. Sometimes issues, like improper geolocation, took more than a week to troubleshoot according to customer feedback.
- Lag, Glitching & Speed. Users noted challenges with responsiveness to input, and inconvenient freezing, such as when trying to create same game parlays. Sometimes the only solution so far is “restart the app.”
BetMGM Registering & Cashiering
BetMGM provides various options for users to deposit funds, including debit and credit cards, prepaid cards, e-wallets, and bank transfers. There have been instances reported of a declined deposit because a credit card company doesn’t allow it. In that instance, users have to use a prepaid card or a bank transfer.
Notably, no current U.S. sportsbook allows deposits or withdrawals with cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, including BetMGM.
Payouts can take up to five days to be approved, although they’re usually processed much sooner--particularly via PayPal. Funds can be withdrawn directly into your bank account. Notably, you cannot withdraw funds onto a prepaid credit card. There are no fees to withdraw funds from BetMGM.
How to Sign Up at BetMGM
Ready to claim that awesome welcome bonus? It'll just take a minute to sign up:
Step 1. Click here to visit BetMGM and select your state. Click "Register" in the top right corner.
Step 2. Enter your personal details:
Step 3. Set Security Questions.
Step 4. Confirm your age and eligibility (must be 21+ years old)
Then, you're ready to deposit and get betting.
One of the nice things about betting with a U.S. legal book like BetMGM is you don’t have to worry about safely and security withdrawing money. Each state regulates sportsbooks, so you have protection from those regulatory bodies; that same assurance doesn’t exist for offshore sportsbooks.
BetMGM has a variety of deposit and withdrawal options, including:
||Prepaid credit card
Ease-of-Depositing: BetMGM Makes Depositing Easy
Comparison: BetMGM vs. DraftKings
Measured: Ease of access, Deposit methods, Process timing
Depositing is a smooth process at BetMGM. The ‘deposit’ button is persistently accessible at the top of the app and boasts options. Our favorite was the simplicity of Paypal. The excellent news for BetMGM bettors is unlike DraftKings, and you stay consistently logged in after a deposit. If you have a bet in your Betslip and deposit, it’s straightforward to deposit money and fluidly go into the process of betting that pick in the same spot.
Ease-of-Withdrawal Process: No Winner
Category: Ease-of-Withdrawal process
Comparison: BetMGM vs. All Sportsbooks
Measured: Click depth, screens to complete withdrawal, withdrawal methods, withdrawal processing time
BetMGM’s “withdrawal” function was a lower scoring app component--it’s not the easiest to find, and the return of your money isn’t the fastest in our testing. To find it, navigate to Profile > Cashier. There may be twelve deposit options, but there are only seven withdrawal options. BetMGM reviews all withdrawals, and their confirmation email states this process can take up to 5 business days--added to the 3-5 business days your bank needs to process the transaction. That said, we haven’t found a sportsbook with a consistently expedited withdrawal across methods.
BetMGM Betting Options and Sports Market Coverage
As one of the biggest sportsbooks in the U.S., BetMGM has many available markets, including all major sports and most niche ones. Some gaps exist around sporting events like political markets and props, but the options are vast.
Bet types Available in the BetMGM Mobile App
As one of the biggest gaming entities in the U.S., BetMGM offers about every market that’s legal to offer in the states they’re located in. Here are some of the main bet types, with educational resources to learn more:
- Point Spreads. Spread betting is a bet on the margin of victory in a game. Point Spreads
- Moneylines. Moneyline betting is when you pick the winner of the game or event. Moneylines
- First Half & Second Half. Halves let a bettor treat the first half and the second half as separate matches. Downloading our app can help you do this with ease. Half Bets
- Totals. A total, also known as an over/under, is a bet on the number of points both teams will combine to score in a game. Totals
- Player Props. A prop bet, short for a proposition, wager that is not directly tied to the final score or outcome. Props Bets
- Futures. Future bets are a bet on an event that will be decided in the future (e.g., end-of-season results). Futures
One drawback is that compared to some other books in the U.S. market, BetMGM does have somewhat limited secondary markets, including game or player props. For example, DraftKings offers odds on players to make or miss the cut at PGA Tour events; BetMGM has historically not offered that market. BetMGM will sometimes offer props, but they’re more limited than other books.
BetMGM Futures Odds
Here are the NFL Super Bowl futures odds offered by BetMGM Sportsbook: Updated October 22, 2021 - Odds Provided by BetMGM - Subject to Change
|2021/2022 NFL Team
||BetMGM Futures Odds
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers
|Kansas City Chiefs
|Los Angeles Rams
Week 7 Odds: Chicago Bears vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Below is a selection of odds for the upcoming NFL game: Updated October 22, 2021 - Odds Provided by BetMGM - Subject to Change
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Sports Markets Offered by BetMGM
There are other smaller markets available as well, including leagues within sports. For example, you can be on the PGA Tour, European Tour, the Ryder Cup, and more with golf.
BetMGM gives bettors a lot of choice in sports markets. In addition to sporting market choice, though, BetMGM offers support for healthy gambling habits. If you want to limit your participation at any point, BetMGM lets you control and set boundaries for betting behavior:
- Self-exclusion: Bettors can take a “time-out,” which either locks your betting or locks your account altogether for a specified amount of time.
- Deposit limit: Bettors can set a maximum amount they want to deposit upfront, and BetMGM won’t allow more than that.
- Loss limit: Bettors can set a limit on how much they can lose in a day, week, or month; after that, they won’t be allowed to bet until the time expires.
- Session time limit: Bettors can limit the amount of time for each session or the time they’re logged in.
BetMGM vs. Other Sportsbooks
While sign-up offers, promos, and user experience are crucial factors in selecting a sportsbook, the most sophisticated bettors are often worried about the price. We can compare books in this regard a couple of ways:
- Juice: Also referred to as the “vig,” this is the tax a sportsbook charges for a bet. The standard odds for a spread bet is -110, which means you have to pay $110 to win $10. That extra $10 is the tax.
- Hold: Like the juice, a hold is defined as the percentage of a sportsbook for every dollar wagered. It’s a better metric to measure for moneylines, for example.
Most online U.S. books — in states where betting is entirely online and not regulated by the state lottery, at least— have standard juice on your typical bets. Take, for example, the juice on spread bets for the NFL:
There’s no major difference between sportsbooks: It is common to get -110 on both sides for both the spread and the over/under.
In terms of hold on moneylines, here’s how BetMGM has compared with other U.S. books in the past:
BetMGM, on average, hasn’t been quite as high on NFL moneylines as DraftKings, but it’s still among the highest of the main U.S. sportsbooks. While the difference might seem minuscule on the surface — and it might be for smaller, recreational bettors — the difference can add up over time.
BetMGM also offers worse odds on some smaller markets, like player props. While some books like DraftKings will offer -110 sides on those, BetMGM often offers -115 both ways. Like golf head-to-head matchups, it will even hike up the juice to -118 on both sides for some bets.
If you’re looking to bet main markets like spreads and totals for major sports, BetMGM is worth opening an account with so you can find the best price when you’re ready to make a bet. It also has usability highlights, a great referral program, and a speedy web function. However, BetMGM does charge a higher price for smaller markets like props, although it does try to offset that with various promotions and daily boosters.