Betting on sports is difficult, especially when you consider the "juice" or "vig" — the tax a sportsbook takes on each bet. That's why taking advantage of sign-up offers, odds boosts and +EV (positive expected value) situations are critical to building a bankroll. Most large books in the U.S. offer these things — they have to be competitive for users — and betPARX is no exception.
Mobile App & Website
betPARX launched its online sportsbook in Pennsylvania back in the summer of 2019. betPARX's app is very easy to use, especially when trying to locate and place a bet quickly.
When visiting the site for the first time, most users will land on betPARX's casino homepage; to find the sportsbook, you have to click the drop-down menu on the top left of the screen and click "Sportsbook." That's not the best user experience, although it's a reasonably intuitive experience once you find the book.
The navigation is set up well, with the sports all listed on the screen's left side and the bet slip experience on the right. It's easy to quickly find the sport you want to bet, although it can be a little challenging for bettors at that point.
For many sports, the bet type doesn't fit neatly into the bet cell — the thing you click to add a bet — so it can be challenging to find what bet you want to make. Once you click the chance into your bet slip, the process is user-friendly and smooth, but the page is just a little too cramped when navigating a bunch of games on a slate.
Once you click into a game to find secondary markets, player props, etc., the markets are more neatly laid out, which is a positive. And that's important given how many different sports and markets they offer — more than other books that also use Kambi (their odds provider).
To summarize: betPARX's website and the app won't blow you away, and it's got some display issues — but most importantly, it's reliable and gets the job done. Given their other strengths, they're worth adding as a book if you're in Pennsylvania.
betPARX's Mobile Sportsbook App
The Action Network Positives:
- Simplicity. Whereas a lot of books can confuse you with a ton of boosted odds and specific promos right on the front page, betPARX keeps things simple. Once you get to the sportsbook, they make sure to highlight the most popular betting markets.
- Good customer service. We've consistently heard from betPARX users that the customer service is very helpful. Most of the other major U.S. books make you send in an email or fill out a form — betPARX has those options, too, but you can also live chat to take care of problems that arise immediately.
- Reliable and fast payouts. We've also heard that the deposit and withdrawal process are easy, which is not something to be overlooked. When selecting a book, you want to make sure you can easily get your money in and out when you want to.
The Action Network Negatives:
- Site-wide navigation and display. The betPARX site and app aren't as sleek as those of other books, and while some users like the simplicity, it can often be difficult to read odds or find certain markets.
- Focus on casino. When you first navigate to the site or app, you'll be confronted with a lot of advertisements for betPARX's online casino. You have to navigate to the sportsbook from there.
- Slow loading times. As mentioned above, the tech is a little behind some of the bigger books. We've noticed that it takes a bit longer to load the app and navigate through it. It's reliable, but that can be challenging when you're trying to quickly log on to grab a line that's about to move.
However, we know It’s important to have a broader data set in evaluating a mobile application like betPARX Sportsbook. We distilled what’s available in the Apple App Store to find the advantages and challenges the betting population at large found with betPARX below.
betPARX Sportsbook Reviews in the Apple App Store
2.6 /5 - 293 ratings
betPARX Sportsbook iOS User Positives
- User experience: The app is simple and easy for users to find the right plays and place their bets. As straightforward as it gets.
- Customer service: Users have found customer service very helpful when needed, which is always important for user experience.
betPARXSportsbook iOS User Negatives
- Blandness: Unlike DraftKings and FanDuel, betPARX’s user interface is just a bit boring. To some users, that’s just fine. But with bigger books putting together apps draw users' attention from the very first page, every bit of effort counts.
- Risk-free bet: According to reviews, some users didn’t read the fine print correctly with betPARX’s $750 risk-free first bet — if that bet loses, you get the $750 in your account, but if that next bet hits, you don’t get that additional $750, just your new winnings. This upset many users when they realized what happened.
Registering & Cashiering
Sportsbooks and states can vary in their deposit and withdrawal rules, whether it's due to a book's policy or regulation within each state that has legalized online betting.
betPARX is definitely among the best in terms of getting money on and off the site/app, and of the users we've gotten feedback from, they've consistently said that payouts were easy and safe. Further, we've heard that Parx has good customer service, so you can be confident any problems will be resolved in a timely fashion.
How to Sign Up for betPARX Sportsbook
Creating an account at betPARX is painless. You're required to enter some basic info, but nothing more than what other sportsbooks ask for. If betPARX can’t verify your identity using these details, they may ask you to submit other proof of identity, like a photo of your license or passport. We haven't heard many problems with betPARX in this regard.
Step 1. Visit betPARX using promo code ACTION to start the registration process. Please note that betPARX Sportsbook is only available for Pennsylvania residents.
Step 2. Enter your user details:
- Link your Xclub or Action Network Accounts (optional)
- Date of Birth
- Create a Secure Password
- Set Two Security Questions & Answers
Step 3. Enter your personal details:
- Home Address
- ZIP Code
- Cell Number
- Last Four Digits of SSN
Step 4. Enter your account details:
- Promo Code (optional)
- Accept or Decline Marketing Communications (optional)
- Set Additional Security Options (optional)
Step 5. Agree to the Terms & Conditions (must be 21+ years old) and confirm the accuracy of the information provided.
You're now ready to make your first deposit and bet with betPARX Sportsbook!
Start the registration process with betPARX Sportsbook here
Perhaps the best thing about betting at a legal, regulated sportsbook in the U.S. vs. an offshore sportsbook is not worrying about deposits or payouts. You know you’ll get any money owed returned, and your bankroll funds are secured because sportsbooks like betPARX are required to set up a liability fund that operates separately from their expenses. U.S. books are regulated by gaming bodies — typically either a casino commission or the state's lottery board — who make sure consumers are protected.
The easiest and quickest way to withdraw money from your betPARX account is via online bank transfer, but you can also have a check mailed to you or get cash at the casino cage if you'd prefer. betPARX has a wide variety of deposit and withdrawal options, including:
- Bank account
- Debit card/credit card
- Casino cage
- Prepaid betPARX card (Play+)
Notably, however, you cannot use your PayPal account at betPARX currently.
Legal sportsbooks in the U.S. are hyper-aware of responsible gambling concerns and give users a ton of options to safely bet. We recommend configuring whatever setup helps you maintain responsible limits, and educating yourself. The controls betPARX offers include:
- Deposit limits: You can set up a limit on how much money you're allowed to put into your account over a certain period of time.
- Wager limits: You can make sure that your bets don't exceed a certain size, as well as limit yourself to a total wager amount across a certain period of time.
- Time limit: You can set a cap on the number of hours you want to be on the sportsbook site or app.
- Self-exclusion and time out: You can lock yourself out of your account for a certain period of time.
In addition to the betPARX-provided resources, The Action Network has developed bankroll management educational materials to help ensure bettors have fun and establish sustainable behavior.
Betting Options at betPARX
betPARX uses Kambi, an odds provider for a bunch of U.S. sportsbooks. That means betPARX is usually not going to open up markets (as in being the first sportsbook to list odds for an event), and their odds are going to be fairly in line with the overall U.S. betting market for major sports.
betPARX stands out even among other Kambi sportsbooks in the variety of sports and markets they offer consistently. They're fairly standard across the major sports, and if you're looking for more niche markets — whether it's prop betting or sports like darts and snooker — betPARX is worth adding as a book to your betting portfolio. betPARX offers betting on just about any sport you can think of, including the likes of the NFL, NBA, MLB and NFL, as well as more niche markets like darts or rugby. Live betting is also becoming more popular in the U.S., and you can often find in-game opportunities for most sports.
If it's legal to bet on in Pennsylvania, you can bet betPARX will be posting a line for it. For example, betPARX was one of the first sportsbooks in the country to post a line on the much-anticipated golf match between Tiger Woods, Peyton Manning, Phil Mickelson and Tom Brady in the summer of 2020.
Bet Types Available
You won't have any trouble finding different types of bets at betPARX — in fact, you probably won't even be able to get through them all. They offer just about anything you can think of that's legal to bet on in the U.S., including but not limited to:
- First half
- Second half
- Player props
- Run and puck lines
NBA Playoff Game Odds: Dallas Mavericks vs. Golden State Warriors
Below is a selection of odds for the upcoming NBA Playoff game: Updated May 20, 2022 - Odds Provided by betParx - Subject to Change
betPARX Futures Odds
Here are the NBA Finals futures odds offered by betPARX Sportsbook: Updated May 20, 2022 - Odds Provided by betParx - Subject to Change
|2021/2022 NBA Team
||betPARX Futures Odds
|Golden State Warriors
betPARX vs Other Sportsbooks
While sign-up offers, promos, and user experience are crucial factors in selecting a sportsbook, the most sophisticated bettors are often worried about the price. We can compare books in this regard a couple of ways:
Juice: Also referred to as the “vig,” this is the tax a sportsbook charges for a bet. The standard odds for a spread bet is -110, which means you have to pay $110 to win $10. That extra $10 is the tax.
Hold: Like the juice, a hold is defined as the percentage of a sportsbook for every dollar wagered. It’s a better metric to measure for moneylines, for example.
Most online U.S. books — in states where betting is entirely online and not regulated by the state lottery, at least — have standard juice on your typical bets. Take, for example, the juice on spread bets for the NFL. There’s no significant difference between sportsbooks: It is common to get -110 on both sides for both the spread and the over/under.
In terms of hold on moneylines, here’s how betPARX has compared with other U.S. books in the past. They are definitely on the higher end of major sportsbooks, and while the difference might seem minimal, that extra juice can add up for volume bettors over time.
betPARX is comparable to the other U.S. online sportsbooks in the juice for the most popular bets, notably spread and totals, and it’s on the higher end for moneyline wagers, outright bets, etc. betPARX's new customer bonus — a $750 risk-free bet — is very competitive with other online sportsbooks in Pennsylvania. betPARX gets dinged a little bit for occasionally having too much juice in its lines, but if you're betting in Pennsylvania, you should have betPARX in your betting portfolio. Some markets coming online, like Arizona, weren't a part of betPARX's plan.
betPARX Customer Service
betPARX offers email and live chat support from 10 a.m. ET to midnight daily. You can also call them at 833-472-7972 or email them at email@example.com.